PERSONAL DATA PROTECTION POLICY
Source Of Your Personal Data
Most, if not all, of your personal data was obtained from you directly, either from the following sources or from any other information you provided, and this may include:
- in person and over the phone;
- enquiry Form;
- from electronic and paper documentation: including emails, invoices, enrolment forms, letters to our school, consent forms (for example: enrolment, excursion, consent forms), our school’s website or school-controlled social media;
- various types of Applications and/or Registration Forms;
- all other Taylor’s Schools and/or support services related Request Forms;
- previous qualification related documents and/or certificates;
- through online tools: such as apps and other software used by our school;
- through any CCTV cameras located at our school.
In some instances, your personal data may have been obtained from external sources including, but not restricted to the following:
- from third parties such as previous educational institutions, law enforcement agencies and other government entities;
- third party service providers and any other future third parties in relation or incidental to the above;
- personal data which are available in the public domain;
- personal data which may be collected from cookies through the use of the Taylor’s Schools’ website.
What Personal Data Do We Process?
Taylor’s Schools needs to collect and process your child’s and your personal data for various academic, educational and administrative purposes. Generally, the personal data that we collect and process, include but is not restricted to:
Name, Identification number (NRIC), Passport number, Address, Contact numbers, Personal email address, Photo and images, Nationality, Student’s Gender, Date of birth, Previous qualification, Parents’/guardian’s marital status, Emergency contact person(s) details, Billing- related information, Employment / occupation
If the personal data is necessary to initiate any matter with the Taylor’s Schools, and you refuse to provide the personal data to the Taylor’s Schools, then the Taylor’s Schools will not be able to proceed further with your matter.
Sensitive Personal Data
Some of the personal data that we collect and process may include what is defined as ‘sensitive personal data’ under the Act and these include, but not restricted to:
Race, religion, health, records of misconduct and disciplinary action, records of criminal offence, family court orders
This sensitive information shall be treated carefully by Taylor’s Schools and will only be used for specific purposes. It will not be released to a third party without your explicit consent unless it is necessary to protect your vital interests.
How Do We Use The Personal Data?
The purpose for which personal data is collected and further processed includes, but not restricted to the following:
- To educate students
- To support students’ social and emotional wellbeing, and health
- To process application for admission inclusive of but not limited to financial assistance, scholarship and bursaries;
- To manage and respond to enquiries;
- To maintain students’ personal details, academic and non-academic records;
- To facilitate the internships, placement or work experience as well as co-curricular related activities and other Taylor’s Schools events;
- To maintain a student/class register;
- To provide the relevant administrative support, counselling and pastoral services;
- To manage the use of facilities such as library, laboratories and so on;
- To administer the graduation and alumni related events;
- To administer the tuition fee and other payment;
- To communicate with students or parents on any important announcements;
- To collect information for relevant local or international statutory authorities or exam boards;
- To contact student’s next of kin in case of emergency;
- To comply with any regulatory, audit or security related requirements
- To pursue/collect any sums in arrears by our parents/guardians;
- To care for the medical needs of students;
- To fulfill legal requirements, including to:
- take reasonable steps to reduce the risk of reasonably foreseeable harm to students, staff and visitors (duty of care)
- make reasonable adjustments for students with disabilities (anti-discrimination law)
- provide a safe and secure workplace (occupational health and safety law)
- To enable the School and various Departments to:
- ensure the effective management, resourcing and administration of our school fulfil statutory functions and duties
- plan, fund, monitor, regulate and evaluate the School’s policies, services and functions
- comply with reporting requirements
- investigate incidents in schools and/or respond to any legal claims against the School, including any of its departments.
- for research or statistics purposes by school or TEG
- For all and any other ancillary purposes relating to our provision of service e.g., the supply of computers, iPads, other forms of telecommunications and technology services;
- to establish or respond to a legal claim.
- Any other purposes related to the smooth running of the Taylor’s Schools.
Provision Of Information
The provision of all information requested for in the relevant forms of Taylor’s Schools is mandatory, unless specified otherwise, in enabling us to process your application/request and offer our services to you.
Should you fail to provide the said information, Taylor’s Schools may be unable to process your request and/or provide you with the relevant services.
Disclosure Of Your Personal Data
Taylor’s Schools will keep your personal data confidential unless you have given the written consent to such disclosure or it is within the ambit of permitted disclosures under prevailing laws/guidelines. Taylor’s Schools may disclose your information to the categories of third parties as listed below (not restricted to):
- The Ministry of Education, other relevant government departments / agencies, statutory authorities and industry regulators;
- Malaysian Immigration Department and its appointed agencies;
- Foreign embassies and their appointed agencies;
- The student’s sponsors including his/her parents/guardians;
- Third parties that provide the internships or attachment placements;
- Professional or accreditation bodies;
- Examination boards;
- Third parties appointed by Taylor’s Schools to provide services; such as auditors, lawyers, contractors, printing companiesagencies, training organiser and insurance companies;
- Other institutions or companies with Taylor’s Education Group.
Right To Access And Data Subject’s Obligation
You have the right to access and correct your personal information held by the Taylor’s Schools under the Act. We will attempt to keep your records complete, accurate and up to date. If you have any reason to believe that your records with us are inaccurate, incomplete or not updated, please notify Taylor’s Schools in a timely manner. If you wish to request for access to, or to correct data held by the Taylor’s Schools, or withdraw your consent to the data processing/use of your personal data by us, please forward your request to the website administrator at:
- (603) 6203 0900 (telephone)
- (603) 6203 0878 (facsimile)
- firstname.lastname@example.org (email)
Taylor’s Schools reserves the right to charge you an administrative fee for processing any data access request.
Although, we only process your personal data for purposes as stated above, in the event that your personal data is being processed for other purposes (with your consent), you have the right to request us to stop such processing. You may exercise this right by contacting the Taylor’s Schools through aforementioned. However, if you choose not to provide and/or fail to supply us with such personal data (and/or decide not to give us consent to process your personal data, including explicit consent for sensitive personal data), we will not be able to perform the contract of enrolment or process your application for enrolment with us.
Accordingly, if you decide not to provide the mandatory information to us, it may necessarily mean that the Contract of Enrolment may have to be terminated or that an offer of a place of enrolment will not be made.
Any request to exercise your rights shall be administered as per the Act. Please be informed that pursuant to the Act, your request may be rejected in certain circumstances.
This Policy may be reviewed and amended from time to time. We will communicate such changes along with the updated Policy on the Taylor’s Schools website (https://school.taylors.edu.my/), and/or other appropriate communication means as may be determined by Taylor’s Schools. Parents and students are advised to visit the Taylor’s Schools website on a regular basis to check for any updates and changes on this Notice.
* Taylor’s Schools means Garden International School Sdn. Bhd. (195801000074/ 3211-T), Australian International School Sdn. Bhd. (199901011776 / 486676-A), Nexus International School Sdn Bhd’s (Company No. 200901000417 / 843340-A), Nexus International School Pte Ltd (Registration Number 201009668C), Taylor’s International School (KL) Sdn. Bhd. (199001013246 / 204816-H), Taylor’s International School (Puchong) Sdn Bhd (201101010017 / 938156-A) and Quantum Education Sdn Bhd (200401011723 / 650226-W)]